Okay, so Fairyland has made this “controversial” announcement. Not all the flaws they mentioned are a huge deal for me, seamlines are inevitable, roughness is somewhat expected (although, most of the non Fairyland dolls I own at the moment are pretty nice and smooth). Smear, pitting and pock marks though? 

I’m not saying condemn Fairyland for the slight defects, nah. BJDs aren’t the easiest thing to produce, but sometimes I wonder, is Fairyland using a cheaper casting service and that’s why there’s so many issues? How do so many companies manage to offer products that aren’t this imperfect and at lower prices? 

If we continue to support Fairyland and ignore small ish issues they will, one, always do whatever they want without backlash (way too similar sculpts, fullset outfits, resin quality) and two, they will never improve. It seems lately they only focus on engineering but what about customer service, new hands, accessories, quality control? Maybe I’m expecting too much? I’d just love to see different ideas from them.

Sometimes I feel like Fairyland fans are just a bunch of sheep, following blindly. If Fairyland doesn’t see a decline in sales, nothing will change. To be honest, I don’t think anything will change because people will just go on buying their products. It’s like they used black magic to hypnotize everyone (even me sometimes lol)