Sometimes I get so frustrated by my limited sewing skills that I look around for new tutorials. Yesterday I got lucky and found an amazing tutorial. This video also gave me a little push (yes, a photography video) I never try new things and he is right, need to practice and try new things, make mistake so that you learn new things.
This tutorial was really, really useful. I learned something new from it, something I'd been trying to figure out for a while, the pattern for the front part (boob part, as I like to call it) of corsets.

Here's what I ended up with, I think I made the top part of the corset longer than it should have been, it doesn't look as heart shaped as the tutorial's corset. Time to play around some more with the pattern.
(I added a picture of the inside of the corset because the outside doesn't show the details)